Friday, June 16, 2017

Shrimp Louie Croissant #FishFridayFoodies

Our Fish Friday Foodies this month is being hosted by my friend, Colleen of Faith, Hope, Luck, and Love Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice.   Colleen's blog is one of my favorites because I always know that I will giggle and sometimes even belly laugh when I visit.

Colleen chose Summer Fish/Seafood Sandwiches for the theme this month.  Perfect for enjoying on a picnic, out on the boat, poolside or in the house with the air conditioning blowing full force.

My recipe was dictated by how absolutely crazy busy my month has been.  I thought May was nuts...it was a piece of cake compared to June!!  I decided to toss some shrimp in a louie style dressing and toss serve it on a croissant.  It was super simple and super delicious.


The recipe below makes enough for 2 generous sandwiches.  Feel free to double or triple it as needed. I was wishing I had made more because I think this shrimp salad would be perfect tossed with some pasta for a great cold salad too.


I had my sandwich while Frank was out running errands and topped it with some sliced avocado.  I diced up the rest of the avocado and added it right to the salad before refrigerating it for his return.  It worked out just as well as the slices.



Shrimp Louis Croissant

1/2 lb. cooked, chilled shrimp, coarsely chopped if large shrimp are used
1 egg, hard boiled and diced
1/4 c. Miracle Whip or Mayo
1 T. ketchup
juice of 1/4 lemon
2 t. prepared horseradish
2 t. sweet relish
dash Worcestershire sauce
1 T. sweet onion, minced
2 T. celery, diced
2 T. red bell pepper, diced
salt and pepper to taste
2 lettuce leaves
1/2 of an avocado, peeled and sliced
2 large croissants

Whisk together the Miracle Whip, ketchup, lemon, horseradish, relish, and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl.  Fold in the shrimp, egg, onion, celery and red pepper.  Taste and season with salt and pepper.

Slice each croissant in half, place a lettuce leaf on the bottom half of the croissant and top with half of the shrimp salad.  Lay half of the avocado slices on the shrimp salad and cover with the top croissant. Print Recipe

More Summer Seafood Sandwiches



16 comments:

  1. Louis! One of my favorites is Crab Louis! I can't wait to try it with shrimp! P~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really tasty. Sadly I would have to forgo the avacado!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I happen to have a couple of avocados in the fridge and needed some ideas for using them. This is perfect. Love all of the ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wendy, you stole my heart once again! First with your kinds words, and second with your scrumptious looking recipe. I'm always happy to make you giggle and I'm also always ready to eat just about anything on top of a croissant...especially if there's avocado thrown on top as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything in this salad/sandwich.
    Tracey @ www.mybajakitchen.com
    I'm leaving my website URL because Google+ is calling me "unknown" Grrrrr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Google can be frustrating Tracey but on my end it is showing your name.

      Delete
  6. So many great recipes this month and this one is going on my make soon list as well. I'll just diet in my next life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not familiar with the dressing but sounds tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing sandwich, love the mayo and avocado combo.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.