Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Citrus Bread with Macadamia Nuts #BreadBakers

Cindy, of Cindy's Recipes and Writings, is hosting this month's Bread Bakers with the theme "Let's Go Nuts".

My original thought was to make a yeast bread using some almond flour that I have in my cupboard but, as often happens, life got busy and I ran short of time.  I decided to make a quick bread instead.  I had a half bag of macadamia nuts in the pantry that needed to be used since they have a short shelf life.  I am so glad that life interfered because this bread is the bomb!!!!


I threw it together between errands and put it in the oven to bake before I had to run out again, asking Frank to check on it when the timer went off.  When I came home I found this beautiful loaf of bread awaiting me.


I had a slice before heading back out for a hair appointment while Frank took our Little Angel Face home.  She had made an unexpected visit after Grampy had gone to have lunch with her at "school" in celebration of Father's day.  There was no way he was leaving after lunch without her so he brough her home with him.  The plan was for us to go out and grab a bite to eat after we were both done but I gave our friends, Kirsten and John, a call and invited us over there for dinner instead.


I took the bread and we had it for dessert after a wonderful dinner of Chicken Quesadillas enjoyed on their deck overlooking the water on a beautiful, sunny evening.  It was very relaxing after such a busy day but short lived as we needed to get home and get packed up for our weekend of water fun and celebration for my Lili Bugs graduation.

Citrus Bread with Macadamia Nuts
adapted from Betty Crocker

2 1/2 c. flour
1 c. sugar
2/3 c. orange juice
zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon
zest and juice of 1 lime
1/2 c. canola oil
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
2 eggs
1/2 c. coarsely chopped macadamia nuts

Place the flour, sugar, orange juice, zest and juice of the lemon and lime, oil, baking powder, salt and eggs in the large bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.  Mix on med low speed just until blended.  Turn the mixer to low and stir in the nuts.

Pour the batter into a 9x5" bread pan that has been treated with baking spray.  Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 50-60 minutes, until a skewer inserted removes cleanly.

Let cool in pan for 10  minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.  Print Recipe

Enjoy all these creative breads using nut meals and nut flours from The Bread Bakers Group!

BreadBakers#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely bread by following our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated after each event on the #BreadBakers home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to foodlustpeoplelove@gmail.com.

15 comments:

  1. I love your choice of orange with macadamia nuts. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a delicious looking bread -- citrus and macademia nuts sounds yumm!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bomb you say!! Sounds like a fun day, and this bread does look like the bomb. Frank obviously can be trusted with oven duty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love citrus and I love macademeia. I bet this would be good with a smear of cream cheese

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wendy, what a lovely day, a lovely citrusy bread with the crunch of nuts...what more can one ask for? :) I loved this recipe and am sure it definitely was a delicious bomb.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A delicious sounding loaf, we get plenty of macadamia nuts. Bookmarking this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wendy! This is a beautiful nutty bread looks so stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Citrus and nuts wonderful combination......

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.