Tuesday, February 7, 2017

The Valentine's Day Menu

Let me start this post by wishing our daughter, Nicole, a very happy birthday!!  We took her and her husband to dinner last night and had a wonderful visit.  Spending time with them is always a pleasure.

Image result for happy birthday

Next Tuesday, one week from today, is Valentine's Day.  I have mixed feelings about this day.  I think it is a great day to remind all of those you love just how important they are to you.  I also think that this should be done much more often than once a year.  I also think that it should focus on love more than romance.  Love is forever and Romance is fleeting.  Love can involve multiple people who make each and every day of your life a little better.  Love can also just be for yourself.  I think we often forget just how special we are and that we deserve to be pampered a little bit.

Image result for happy valentines day 

So, this year, if you find yourself alone; pour a glass of bubbly, draw a nice warm bath, sink in and enjoy spending time with a wonderful person.  Should you be lucky enough to find yourself surrounded by toddlers and tweens romping about the house; bake them up some special treats, put in a  copy of Lady and the Tramp and enjoy a night of love.  Just you and your hubby or significant other?  Why not forget about fighting the crowds and waiting for a table?  Light some candles, pour some wine, break a loaf of bread, cut up some cheese, put out some fruit and spend a quiet evening recalling all the things that made you decide that this was the person with whom you were going to spend the rest of your life.



What are we doing?  We're having a dinner party with dear friends whose love we cherish each and every day.  This is how I show my love....I cook.  It is also how I love myself....nothing soothes my soul like spending time in the kitchen.  So here is what we are serving up.  I look forward to sharing recipes and photos with you later in the month.




4 comments:

  1. Your menu sounds so delicious! And I love your take on the whole Valentine's Day thing. My husband and I haven't gone out to celebrate it since our first year of dating. We prefer something a quiet (and less expensive!)dinner at home. We have always gotten each of our daughters (now teenagers) a little token gift or two (small box of chocolates,book, etc) but that's all we typically do gift wise. Happy birthday to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My love (Harley) will be working so I will enjoy it alone at home. I am not a big fan of Valentine's Day! Way too much money spent frivolously in my opinion. But I like the ideas you gave here.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.